View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 16:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/180/125 Female 5 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi All -

Webfrog - thanks for starting this post. A month ago I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome after experiencing many of the same symptoms for years. It was a vicious circle of unexplained weight gain, depression, and exhaustion. I am and always have been very active and almost crazed about my eating habit. Doctors told me the depression was feeding my weight when all along I knew it was the other way around. They just assumed I was telling them one thing in the office but gorging myself at home. Not the case.

I was falling asleep at work after lunch and pretty much felt sluggish around the clock. I used to eat a breakfast bar in the morning, a veggie sandwich or salad for lunch, a garden burger or lean meat for dinner. I was stuck in the whole low fat mentality. Unfortunately, most low fat foods are pure carbs. So regardless of what all of the diet "experts" were telling me to do I was still experience abnormal weight gain. It wasn’t until I got married that someone noticed that things just weren’t right. My new husband, who had frequently ate dinner via a convenience store, was dropping weight due to my “healthy cooking” but I was still gaining. He saw me working out every morning and was just as puzzled by my weight. This gave me the confidence to be more insistent with my doctor who finally tested me for insulin resistance.

So right now, I’m carrying around a whopping 183 lb on a 5’1’’ frame. And while I have not lost a significant amount of weight yet with my new low-carb eating, I am experiencing a huge increase in energy and mood level. I figure that will happen eventually but if not, I’m just happy to.... well...be happy and awake!

Good luck to everyone on this tread. I will be back frequently to see how everyone is doing.
Sponsored Links