#23   ^
Old Fri, Aug-07-20, 06:22

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zei
Good intentions, but unfortunately too low in energy. Body's survival instinct will kick in at this calorie level and fight back, forcing failure. I wish they had the information available on, say, THIS website.

Yep, and this is very telling:

Quote:
As we saw from the volunteers’ video diary, this isn’t easy. “I’ve had a couple of dizzy spells,” explained 34-year-old Katie. But even by the end of the first week, things were looking up. “Yes! I love it,” she said, tucking into one of Mosley’s recipes.

Dizzy spells are a warning sign that something isn't right. In this case it's the diet, since there was such an abrupt and drastic change to the diet, especially to a diet so low in calories.

I'm so sick of signing up/registering to every site out that that I want to just read or watch one thing that I rebelliously refused to do it this time, so I don't know any more about the diet than what Demi posted here.

But just as a first impression, I'm always skeptical of any diet that makes an absolute promise that you WILL lose a certain number of pounds in a certain number of days/weeks, in this case a stone (14 lbs) in 3 weeks.

What about someone who has already lost 50 or 100 lbs or more, and is only 14 pounds from their goal weight? Does he guarantee that person will also lose 14 lbs in 3 weeks?

Or what about someone who has done dozens of diets over a period of a few years: low cal, low fat, grapefruit diet, cabbage soup diet, crash 500 calorie diets, yo-yo-ing constantly up and down 10-15 lbs, with losses occurring much more slowly with each succeeding diet (leading to the habitual dieter white-knuckling it through the most restrictive diets for several months to lose the desired amount of weight, rather than just the few recommended weeks), with the pounds coming back on lightning fast, without any kind of binging, just by resuming a somewhat less restrictive diet - how is any loss on this particular diet supposed to be any more sustainable for that person?

What is his maintenance plan? That's the most important part of any diet - there needs to be a maintenance plan so that you don't regain the weight, and not just "if you gain weight, go back on the diet again".

Without seeing any more information about this diet, I'm left thinking that it's just another calories in/calories out, you deserve to starve to lose the weight, as your punishment for allowing yourself to gain so much weight.