Thread: Quitting
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-07, 15:15

Plan: Eating healthier
Stats: 185/178/150 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Thanx everybody for the wonderful advice. I was thinking if I could just crawl under the covers and sleep for a week......I might be alright. I know I can't do that though. We've had a lot of people in work who recently quit smoking. They all used that new pill that's on the market called Chantix (sp.) with great success. I might look into that and while I'm at it, have myself a full physical since I haven't had one of those in many many years. The new pills are available by prescription only anyway so I would have to go see a doctor.

At 45 years old, I think it's time I really start thinking about my health and quitting smoking and losing weight seem to be a good place to start.

Lisa & Cranky: You have a good point their about quitting cold turkey. It makes a lot of sense. Why prolong the inevitable withdrawals by spending a ton of money on OTC techniques?

CNYMom: I'll talk to you in your journal. I didn't know you quit smoking unless, of course, I read it and forgot. I wouldn't doubt that......lol. Thank you for posting your quitting experience here for me.

Again, thank you all for your advice. If anybody else has any piece of advice to offer........Please feel free to let me know.

Patty