Old Wed, Aug-17-05, 18:32

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQgal
Hi Gang,
I love to garden and it has been a rough summer so far either no rain, 90 degree weather or a super thunderstorms and high winds. So far I have picked green beans and kale. My exercise right now is trying to stay ahead of the weeds. I hope all that bending will do me some good.

Happy Gardening,
Annie

I hear you, Annie! It's been hotter than the hubs of Hades here as well (West Michigan). I've taken to mowing over 2 days instead of trying to do it all in one; front yard one day, back yard the next.
My Asparagus did well this year...we got several meals worth. Picked a couple of quarts of raspberries from the spring canes and will probably get a couple more from the fall canes (my kids get to most of them before I do, but that's okay with me ). My zucchini are doing so-so. I've gotten a few but there seem to be a lot more coming now. Cabbages will be big enough to start picking in a few weeks.
My morning glories are about 6 feet down the fence and looking lovely every morning. The Dahlias are coming along slowly...probably too stressed from the heat to grow well, but I'm seeing flower buds on them now.

I've been doing a bit of reading on a technique called Lasagne Gardening and I'm thinking about giving it a try in my raised beds next year to help control weeds and enrich my soil more.