View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-18, 03:36

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Check out Amazon's Top Customer Review by someone who goes by JEY

I think Miriam's book is the now the best, especially for someone in treatment, and who doesn’t have a biochemistry PhD to read it. Ellen Davis's is also good, used that for years, but Miriam adds advice on how to work with an oncology team.

If you want a general overview of the Metabolic Theory of Cancer, but still a whole book, highly recommend Tripping Over the Truth. https://www.chelseagreen.com/produc...over-the-truth/

If anyone wants my list of resources on this topic, PM me an email. It is now a seven page document, full of links of course geared to cancer survivors. Many are articles written for the layperson, easy to understand, with the actual study in references. My approach is: "There is no data to support that the ketogenic diet by itself can treat, cure, maintain, or manage cancer, nor that it supports treatment of the many different types of cancer. In animal studies, the diet provided some synergistic effects with treatments, including current treatment like radiation therapy and chemotherapy. These articles focus on a ketogenic diet when used as an adjuvant therapy to standard of care, when no standard care options are available, and its possible extension to prevention. Its use as a weight loss diet may provide added benefit."

It was the Cancer chapter in Gary Taubes Good Calories, Bad Calories that convinced me to radically change my diet to Low carb in 2010. (have that as a .pdf now) The Ketogenic Bible by Jacob Wilson has a 21 Page chapter on Cancer (also many other diseases).