View Single Post
  #632   ^
Old Tue, Mar-31-20, 17:31

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all---

(((Jaz))) --- Oh honey, rough day. Of course everyone is social distancing as best as possible, even in the hospital, which makes for a different kind of welcome to "our team" to say the least. I'm glad at least you were feeling better.

I loved the story about your prayers followed by finding an intact mask. Not too intense for me at all. I'm a lot like you in this regard. Not a religious gal, but definitely a spiritual one, and I find when I ask for grace, I always receive it in ways small or big.

And imo, no need for false cheeriness---think right now as usual, there are better days and worse days, but everything is so much more intense than "usual." I find it exhausting without adding in a new job at ground zero, so be VERY VERY kind to yourself. NO BAD SELF TALK. You don't need it, and no friend of yours would even think it. Gotta be our own good friends right now. Hold on the judgment, heavy on the love.

Nic---Totally empathize about the nights vs. the days. I too have been waking up and having a hard time getting back to sleep. Thinking of pulling out the Melatonin which I haven't used in a long time. Something about the quiet middle of the night and the dark that encourages our anxieties. Happy your hubby has a nice strong back to provide shelter in the storm.

I also empathize w/the focus issue regarding actually, all things. TV, books, writing, phone chats, all of it. Some days I'm right there and able to absorb and escape, other days I can't seem to settle down to any of it.

Glad you had a fun zoom party. It really is pretty easy and a nice alternative for a bit of social life. Going to do it this Fri. w/my pals in Cali.

Lori---I was wondering if you're still going in to work? Can you do in by yourself and work? Or is it mandatory to shut it down? Making some fun money for after all this would be kind of nice, and maybe a nice distraction. But maybe not possible.

I feel so bad you and sissy can't spend some of this time together. I know it's so tempting. Can't tell you how often a few of my besties and I have tried to convince ourselves that we're symptom free and what could an evening together hurt if we stay across the room from each other. But in the end we always decide better safe than sorry.

Would zooming w/your sissy help at all? I did it w/a gal pal last night. Just the two of us. She lives alone like your sissy and just really wanted to do it, although left up to me I would have just gone for the phone thing. But y'know, it was really good to see her laugh and be able to see each others expressions and gestures and all those things we enjoy about someone whose company we love. And your hubby could jump in too. Just a thought.

Trig---Oh crap, my sciatic nerve thing was back today. Thing is as you know, walking can help, often helps. But when you get that buckling feeling in your leg its scary. So I didn't walk today. Hope yours' has tucked itself a way again. Weird how it comes and goes. My bro said its connected to the state of your lower back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding some days I can write like crazy, others not at all. Today was a can't get focused day. Napped A LOT, today, my sleep has been really spotty, so it felt good. Some of the time I wasn't even sleeping, just laying still w/eyes closed and trying to find all my happy places.

Hey guys, why don't we all plan a zoom session? Why the heck not?!!?!