Registered Member

Plan: N/A
Stats: 127/127/127 Male 165cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annajen
Hi Tom

One thing you might try that had a strong effect on me was Pao D'arco tea. I tried this tea 3 times per day and suddenly a lot of my symptoms first improved for a day or two and then got worse. I noticed the big changes in symptoms and then thought that maybe the worsening was the die-off effect, but I wasn't really sure because I was very new to it all. Later I found out that it was the "die-off" effect and that I should continue with the tea to get rid of the candida.

At that point when I saw the doctor(s) I was able to say "I tried this tea which is anti-fungal and it really made a difference". That didn't convince the ones who didn't want to believe that candidiasis was a genuine problem in some people, but the ones who knew about candida and how to treat it (and also my GP who knew about it but admitted he didn't really know how to treat it particularly) took note of that in the medical history/symptoms.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I hope it might. You can get this tea in most health food shops, but I would be careful about ordering off the internet because you need to make sure the tea is high quality Pao D'arco and not some which use wood chips mixed with Pao D'arco instead. Find a good health food shop and make sure it is a high quality version (usually labelled, well packaged and clearly marked as to the "mix").

Excellent advice again Annajen. I have heard about the Pao D'arco tea as well, but I haven't included that in my reginmen. Not sure if they sell it here in Thailand. I'll have to check it out.

I have focused mainly on virgin coconut oil and probiotic supplements to keep my body free from Candida (as well as eliminating foods that feed the Candida). As I live in Thailand, coconuts are easy to come by and very inexpensive. I usually just eat one a day or every other day as opposed to buying the virgin coconut oil. If coconuts are expensive where you live, then I would suggest buying the oil. Secondly, I take Nature's Way Probiotics. They are just a particular brand that I read good things about in a Consumer Labs Report. You should choose a supplement that has at least 10 billion CFU (colony forming units). This will make sure that the good bacteria are reestablished in your gut, in effect crowding out all the bad organisms (including Candida).

You can modify your diet anytime you like, I wouldn't wait to see a doctor. Sometimes it can take months or even years to clear your body of Candida if you do it the natural way. It depends on how bad your infection is. That is why I suggest taking a round of antifungals first, and then following that with the all the natural remedies.

Let us know how your doctor's appointment is! Good Luck!