View Single Post
  #407   ^
Old Tue, May-03-22, 07:50

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

I listened again to a Ted Naiman interview on Boundless Body, #45 (new one soon)

I was unaware of that one but listened to it yesterday. At the end, he concludes:

"A lot of people are figuring this out - that all that really matters is protein and calories. And you have just tons of YouTubers now whose whole schtick is you got a protein goal, a calorie limit and that's all that matters. It really doesn't matter where the carbs are, where the fat is. It's just all nonprotein energy and that's pretty much the whole message of the PE Diet. ...

It's going to be bad for a lot of the diet religions out there because when people realize that it just comes down to protein and calories there's not really a lot of point to being specifically dogmatically very low carb or very low fat. And when people realize that you can get just killer bodybuilder results out of protein and calories without being religiously paleo or religiously keto or zealot anything I think it's really going to take the wind out of the sails of some of these other diet religions.

I'm warning people - get ready for this, because people are out here getting just killer results only by focusing on protein and total calories. It's basically protein versus energy and that is extremely successful and so if your world view of diet doesn't explain how that works, you really need to step back and take a look at the big picture and maybe even go back to the drawing board.

And I am specifically talking to some of the carbohydrate-insulin hypothesis people out there. If your view of obesity doesn't take into account these bodybuilders who are effortlessly optimizing body composition just by focusing on protein percent and protein calories and not really caring what their carb versus fat spread is, you really have to spend some time thinking about how it all really works."

That was Jan, 21. I hope the interviewer follows up on this particular aspect these many months later.