#5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 12:30
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 210/193/175 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

What Mainecyn said.

Regarding cellulite--I'd like to point out that upwards of 90% of women have at least some. I've had the opportunity to observe a number of elite, Olympics-track female gymnasts close up. Even on the semi-starvation diets they follow to stay tiny, some of them develop cellulite, too. And when they start to eat normally, all hell breaks loose. Remember Mary Lou Retton?

There's one other thing. I hesitate to mention it, because I don't know you or your daughter, and this is such an individual thing. I hope that you take this in the helpful spirit in which it's offered. But are you sure that you are giving your daughter a level of autonomy about her diet that's appropriate to her age? Perhaps we're a bit unusual, but at 16 my daughters would have laughed in my face if I'd presumed to calculate and then attempt to manage their protein intake. They'd have outright rejected any interventions beyond simply offering them, with little or no comment, what they need. And, after I'd gotten over my hurt pride, I wouldn't have blamed them.