View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:01

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 118/112/105 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I've been having great results following body-for-life by the book, but the diet is making my IBS symptoms worse. Consequently I'm thinking of switching to a low-carb diet but want to keep up the exercise and rest of the plan as much as possible. If any of you can answer any of the following it will help me work out my new diet regime in full so I don't mess it up!!

1) My IBS means I have problems with a lack of vitamins , especially iron and vitamin c, how do you get enough of the latter when cutting out fruit?

2) Do you just cut out the carb portion from each of the 6 meals or do you substitute it with something else/up the fat content of meals? If anyone can show me a sample diet sheet for a BFL day low-carb style I'd really appreciate it.

3) Does it affect your physical performance and can you go low-carb without going into ketosis - last time I did Atkins and went into Ketosis I couldn't keep up my fitness regime and lost alot of performance particularly on the cardio side.

4) Do any of you have problems finding space to fit all the water in - due to my IBS I shouldn't drink with food (should leave 30 mins before and 2 hours after food). If I eat every 3 hours this leaves only a 30 min window to down a load of water - which makes me feel a bit light-headed and swells me up like a balloon - suggestions?

5) (last one promise!) Have any of you made the switch during a 12 week challenge - anytips on how to make the switch and keep up the exercise would be much appreciated.