#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-20, 07:32

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
I have a friend who insists she will never wear the skin of an animal on her back (she is not vegan)

but I notice she wears leather shoes, belts and carries a leather purse and wallet

There seems to be a disconnect here

But maybe not a total disconnect. If your friend believes meat is important to human health--then leather from harvested animals might be seen as more ethical than fur from animals that we don't eat.

In health podcasts that are pro-keto, carnivore, or just pro-meat, sometimes I'll see people acknowledge ethical veganism. Basically taking the position that meat is important or even essential to human health--but okay, if somebody eats vegan and promotes it for ethical reasons, that's fine. But I don't think you can leave human health out of the equation for ethics. If you believe that a vegan diet is the healthiest--you're asking people to stop eating meat in favour of their health. Otherwise, you're asking them to sacrifice their health for the welfare of animals. You might have the ethical right to make that decision for yourself, but I have problems with trying to encourage others to do things that will make them less healthy.
Sponsored Links