Old Thu, Apr-24-14, 03:33
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitann
I have the same problem. We had a dress up event last winter and I was shopping for leggings to wear under a dress to make the temperature bearable. I told the clerk the ones I wanted were sold out in the large and x-large sizes so I was out of luck. She looked at me oddly and handed me the medium package. "Look at the size and weight charts on the back. I think you can do that?" I had to laugh. I was well within the medium range but would not have looked because I "knew" I was at least a large. Very nice but still hard to believe.

Going off what kitann said here...

I have another question?

I don't see myself as thin -- now I wear a size 5 jr pant/jeans and med top before I wore a tight women's 24 pants/jeans and 3XL or 4XL top.

Went shopping with my DD and she kept pulling clothes out of my hands, saying you don't have to hide your curves and you don't wear THAT size... I hold up the clothes I can wear now and I think to myself -- never gonna get my fat behind in those, and amazingly I do... weird..

In my mind's eye, I still see "Fat Jo". I have the same experience as you, kitann when I go clothes shopping, we are sooo programmed to wear clothes that are "tent" like to hide under. Yeah like I could hide being 250 lbs...

I don't have a good self body image (not meaning I am headed toward an eating disorder) but I can't picture "Thin Jo" in my head...

Any body else have that???

Wishing all of us continued success on our personal LC WOE journeys!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lost 1/2 myself (125 lbs) in 41 weeks!!

“Success is not Final. Failure is not Fatal.
It’s the Courage to Continue that Counts.” Winston Churchill