View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Hi Safferbabe

Sorry to hear about the sore throat - I really hope it is the Atkins Flu and not a the real thing! (Keeping fingers crossed!)

You are doing so well - I still had cravings after the first week for sweet stuff so I made up Dinah's Sugar Free Jelly (You can get it at Pick and Pay) and had that at night if I had a munchie attack, (which is when I used to get them).

A general rule I believe, is that you lose 10% of the total amount you need to lose in the first two weeks. I lost about 5 pounds only but then I had 50 - 60 pounds to lose altogether. So if you lose about 10 pounds, that is really great! You may lose even more, if you are younger!

As far as the vitamins and minerals, how about a really good health store?

What are you taking at the moment? I take a Multivitamin, Flax Seed oil caps,
1000iu of Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium and Iron.

Initially I was anaemic and was suffering a lot from extreme fatigue. The iron tabs sorted me out, and I've been fine for a long time. But just recently I've been suffering from low-blood pressure a lot (you know, you black out when standing up too quickly). I suppose I should be grateful that it's not high blood pressure! But I am wondering if it's the anaemia that's back, as I believe that's one of the symptoms, so am taking the Iron again.

Take care
Karen