View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 19:37
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Actually, the Canadian Broadcasters (CBC) today interviewed the British doctor from this study (name forgotten, sorry ) .. Her comments were that the study is inconclusive, but seems to suggest that a higher fat intake is associated with increased risk. She emphasized that (a) the study only suggests a link, and many other factors need to be considered .. and (b) more study is needed.

It's important to realize that this study was based on a daily diary kept by participants ... there was no mention of the carbohydrate intake. It is not realistic to apply statistics about a high-fat, high-carb diet to a nutritional program that is high fat, low carbs. The metabolic and hormonal processes in the body are completely different.

It is well known that high insulin and blood sugar levels are strongly linked to breast cancer ... also ovarian cancer and prostate cancer in men. Insulin exerts some growth hormone properties, and has been shown to stimulate the growth of cancer cells.

I have an extremely high risk of breast and ovarian cancer .. so you can bet I have studied and researched this to death!!! I am confident that a carb-controlled diet with plenty of fiber from veggies and low-glycemic fruits, plus natural fats from butter, olive oil, avocados, raw nuts, whole eggs and unprocessed meats .. is healthy and desirable.

Doreen