View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-20, 11:07

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

This is developing into a fur fight (yes, intended). Statements volleyed by both sides seem to focus on disease resolution, and that's likely, but I can attest to the fact that since I went strict low carb eating primarily meat, and of that meat, primarily red meat, my BP has normalized, my sleep apnea has resolved, my skin tags shriveled and disappeared years ago, my blood lipid scores recently have been good, my inflammation scores using hsCRP have consistently been 0.4 with anything 1.0 and below being an excellent score, and I require no meds of any kind. Yes, initially the doctors were amazed, but I wasn't, and now they're coming around to understanding the ability to achieve health through eating lifestyle.
Quote:
"Eating more vegetables and less red meat has been linked to improved blood pressure, lower rates of type 2 diabetes and better cholesterol readings."

Maybe some can do this as vegans or vegetarians, but the additional supplements required to keep one at optimum health requires focused attention and high maintenance. Humans have evolved as omnivores and nutrient dense foods (meat, fish) are most healthy. I respect those who feel an ethical push to not eat animals, but they need to learn, understand, and limit the shortcomings of their WOE.