View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 20:07

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
In an interview, Dr. Sacks said the advice derived from the best research “is pretty straightforward: consume few saturated fats like butter, full-fat dairy, beef and pork fat, and coconut, palm and palm kernel oils and replace them with natural vegetable oils high in polyunsaturates — corn, soybean, safflower, sunflower, peanut, walnut and grapeseed oils.” Also healthful are canola and olive oil, rich in both monounsaturates and polyunsaturates.

I wouldn't call those natural vegetable oils, unless they're still in their natural form - as in the whole corn kernel, the whole soybean, the whole safflower, sunflower, peanut, walnut, grape, and pods of canola (brassica/mustard?) seeds. I can't imagine any circumstances under which I'd willingly eat a whole safflower (thistle), an entire mustard seed pod, or crunch up the seeds of a grape in my mouth in order to get some natural vegetable oils. The corn and soybean are mostly carbs, so I don't want to eat those whole either to get my "natural" vegetable oils. Whole sunflower seeds, peanuts and walnuts, perhaps, but I really don't care for peanuts, so I guess that leaves me with sunflower seeds, walnuts and olive oil.

How many sunflower seeds will I need to eat to get a "healthy" amount of sunflower oil?