Thread: KETO anyone?
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-28-18, 08:08

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Maybe we do need a safe space for Keto. It's become popular to say that once carbs are out of the way, the next roadblock is fat. That just hasn't been my experience--once I've cut carbs the the bone, if I have a tight limit on protein--not severely low, but tight to me requirements--fat appetite pretty much takes care of itself. I know this might not be everybody's experience, but at the same time, unless somebody keeps a food scale and a macro-counting app/website handy at all times, I have to be skeptical about whether their version of keto is really close enough to mine to draw the comparison. This isn't me saying my version of keto is the "right" version. More like, within keto, there are still variations worth trying.

People are horrified at butter-snacking. When's the last time you saw somebody go on a pure butter binge? I'll eat more milkfat, be more likely to binge, on cheese than on pure butter, any day. And if I've already hit my requirement for protein etc. from the cheese elsewhere, what good is the fact that the cheese is a more "whole" food than the butter doing me?