View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-09-20, 14:03

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

From my non-scientifically proven observations about other wild omnivorous animals I notice this:

The local, native plants bear ripe fruit right before the starvation season (winter in the north, the dry season in the tropics).

And I notice wild animals gorging themselves on the sweet fruit and gaining weight. One example, fat bears are in the news, and it's autumn. They are carbing out before the starvation season. When they come out of hibernation they want protein and express the carnivorous side of their diet.

So I conclude this...

Those who had a 'sweet tooth' put on enough fat to survive the starvation season and passed on that gene. Those that did not didn't make it through and didn't get to pass on that gene.

Everything comes with a price. That sugar that used to get us through the starvation season does damage to our bodies. Insulin and sugar both burn us but that damage was less than starving to death before the spring (or the tropical rains)

So through millions of years of evolution, we have inherited that sweet tooth, but there is no starvation season in most industrialized countries anymore. To add to the problem, we can import fruit so we can have it all year long. And to make things even worse, we have fructose and sucrose injected into foods that don't naturally contain much, if any sugar.

We can eat all we want, pay that damage price, but there is no longer a benefit to do so. We take the damage but no longer need it for the gain.

We have to use our brains to deny our drives some times.

Bob