View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-18, 23:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Happy Moves

Silly title but I need this not to be formally exercise-focussed, or I’ll never visit again. I hate formal exercise, working out...but I like to move, float, play.

I decided to start this thread for myself after thinking about a text conversation with my very unhealthy SIL while I was walking in the rain. Yesterday was a mild, rainy fall day, bright leaves against grey sky. An errand I could have done driving, usually would have, but the mild air and long nights sleep made me just want to walk.

When she asked why walk, I answered using the word movement. Movement is healthy...mental and physical health. I said “Exercise does not interest me that much. But a walk among the trees and in the weather makes me happier.”

And that description has prompted me to think about tracking movement, like I track food. (Uhhhh, maybe that’s why these logs are here?

I don’t like working out...exercise...and the times in my life I’ve done boot camp or had a gym memberships have always fallen apart. But there are activities I like and movement of the body I get a lot of pleasure from. I hope paying more attention to that pleasure, moving more often, and recording it will encourage me to move more. And try more types. I’d like to be stronger as well as fitter...

I’ll post once a week. Previous week’s moves
Sponsored Links