#11   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-19, 10:07

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
V, you might look into the enhanced effects of cancer treatment when keto diet is followed during phases of treatment. My mothers docs didnt know about this....yet others on this forum have used keto in conjuction.

A 2005 -2006 ish study showed marked improvement over chem alone. Try pubmed to find it.

Thank you, Ms A. I have read quite a bit on the subject already, and continue to do so, but, as I mentioned, DH is reluctant (to say the least). I wasn't aware of the benefits of LC during the first 3 cancers, 12 years ago (though simple logic, and a foodie mind set, told me that the dietician couldn't have been right in all that she said then). He had to be on a low iodine diet for 6 weeks for thyroid cancer, which, IMO (as the cook) was a relatively easy diet to cook for and to follow. But the patient focused the whole time on what he couldn't have (no fish for example; he doesn't eat fish often, but it was off the menu, so of course it was a terrible hardship). He had had 3 cancers in 10 months at this point, so I felt he deserved to be unhappy about whatever he wanted, but it was frustrating for me.
This particular bout doesn't need, or respond to, chemo, so he is off the hook for that. He gets LC mostly at home, but I can't dictate what he eats or drinks when he is out, and he is one who checks out the dessert menu first in a restaurant