#9   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-20, 05:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BawdyWench
Lots of raw veggies, protein mostly from nuts, fats from mayo and avocado, and only 1.5 oz of animal protein daily (some days had none).

This would torture me until it killed me. And I see this version of keto pushed wildly all over the Internet. Apparently, keto has such solid science behind it that they try to combine it with the old dogma, and it's un-doable for most. I read a blog post by a woman with Type II diabetes and it took up her entire day. She had to quit from the gas pains, uncontrollable farting, and the way her blood sugar control got worse.

I remember the Four Food Groups and that certainly worked for some people. Meat, Dairy, Grains, Fruit & Veg. They were supposed to be somewhat equally distributed, and I was a slender and active child eating that way. I can understand how much of the population found that workable.

It was puberty and poverty that undid me. Meals that were mostly cheap carbs and my own overreaction to the hormone changes in my body created a terrible situation for me. Which could mean overload + processing is not good for anyone.

And there are people who are "mostly vegetarian" which means they don't eat meat every day. I suspect that between eating the way he was told was healthy and the stuff vegetarians eat did a number on him.

He might, like me, need to throw out all kinds of stuff we've been told are "healthy." I feel despair for others when I read dismissals about lectin sensitivity "because these are healthy foods."

Not necessarily. If they poison me and I get zero nutrition from it, there is no point.