View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-19, 06:50

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Welcome, Ron. When I started a strict keto way of eating about 7 years ago, I was taking meds for high blood pressure and GERD. I had moderate sleep apnea, joint stiffness, particularly in my fingers, and carried about 40-45 more pounds on my frame.

Today, all of that is gone and more. The weight was gone in 6 months, but the most valuable thing I learned and achieved was good health, energy, a clear head, and am no longer on any medication of any sort. The sleep apnea resolved in the first 6 months and the weight loss helped in that category. You can do this with dogged determination and consistency. After you get used to this WOE (way of eating), you WILL find that it's sustainable and whole food meals are delicious. I made a promise to get used to this WOE without trying to simulate the previous types of carb-laden foods I was eating with the many low-carb equivalent recipes available like keto "breads" or low carb desserts or to consume the many "low carb processed" foods available like the Atkins products, etc. The reason for this is that I learned that a keto WOE once one has transitioned to fat burning is easily managed with delicious meals. After a period of time, you won't feel you're lacking in anything.

Enjoy the journey, and don't hesitate to engage with the forum members here, as we have excellent information available and the people who frequent this forum are the best in knowledge and respect for others. Please take advantage of this space.