View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 07:06
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

I have lost 8 sizes, and gone from "unable to sprint at all" to not being able to get enough exercise. Intervals, weight training etc.
Everyone is amazed at the transformation, yet my grandmother (my grandparents are more like my parents than my parents) still "Doesn't believe in low carb." I laugh at it now, because I am close to goal but it is frustrating because I swear she tries to sabotage my eating plans. As soon as I put up any kind of resistance to carby foods, she'll go out and make/bake everything she knows is my favourite and act hurt when I won't eat it. You all know how grandmother's pies are!
All of my friends are low fatters and it is annoying to see them not losing weight. They don't lecture me (anymore!!!), because they know I won't take it. Most people I refuse to discuss diet with because they're too closed minded.

You won't convince most people that fat is healthy. I guess that is what is so wonderful about this forum, it's like a haven of people you know are behind you even if your personal world is not.

Meg