View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-14, 07:44

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Actually it's the nutrient dense approach that has me attracted to her protocol. That's what I'm loving the most about AIP. But I think living long term with the AIP restrictions would prove too challenging for me - although I'm open to keeping anything eliminated if I find it causes me issues, which is why I'm planning a careful reintroduction. Staying gluten free for me is not a problem long term, but I'd like to be moving to something with high nutrition and that still lets me eat nuts, coffee and hot sauce...

I am really enjoying the focus on nutrient dense produce (can't wrap my head around organ meats yet though).

Janet, have you read Eating on the Wild Side by Jo Robinson? It's totally changing the way I eat! Finally a rationale for buying this kind of lettuce instead of that... Sarah Ballantyne is great at the gut stuff, but doesn't give anything close to that kind of detail on the fruit and veggies. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend you do, it fits beautifully with a whole foods low carb (or paleo/primal) approach.