View Single Post
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-20, 07:20

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

His message really resonates for me. I've always felt (since reading Protein Power in the late 1990s) that we should be eating a whole lot more meat and animal products than we do.

Does anyone have trouble getting in all that protein, though? According to the calculations on his website, I should be getting at least 150 grams of protein daily. How can you eat that much? I know he shows pictures of meals, but with protein being so satiating, that's a whole lotta meat!

A friend of mine who has followed his protocol says that there should be a 2:1 ratio of protein grams to fat grams + carb grams. I couldn't find that on the website, but maybe I missed it.

So, check my math here. If I get 150 grams of protein, that means I can have 75 grams of carbs +fat. If he recommends 20 grams of carbs, that leaves 55 grams of fat, which is not very much at all. And not very many calories. By my count, that would add up to less than 1200 calories per day.

According to my FitDay, 8 oz of beef tenderloin has 44 grams of protein so I would need to eat more than 1 1/2 pounds to reach 150. Or, 6 oz of chicken breast has 48 grams, so 18 oz of chicken per day. And then what about fat? That 8 oz of beef tenderloin at 44 grams of protein also has 40 grams of fat. That's definitely not a 2:1 ratio.

Am I over-thinking this? Am I missing something huge and obvious to everyone else? (If so, it wouldn't be the first time!).

Thoughts?