View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-07-23, 12:09
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/186/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 54%

The paid access to prescribed weight loss drugs via WW membership is US-only.

Many long time WW members feel betrayed by this move to offer drugs. Especially those who lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off .. they feel their efforts have been invalidated. It doesn't help that WW has recently cancelled their decades-long free lifetime membership for maintainers . Whatever keeps the shareholders happy, I guess.

I actually had a bit of hope that WW was moving in the right direction back in 2018. The algorithm used to calculate points was changed to favour high protein, high fiber, low-glycemic foods; articles on the website encouraged consumption of "healthy fats" from whole eggs, oily fish, avocados and olive oil. Hmmm, sound familiar?? A close friend had joined and let me browse the app on her tablet. A breakfast of eggs, bacon, tomato slices and coffee with light cream cost 6 pts, while a bowl of Special K with skim milk, orange juice and black coffee was 12 pts. Gasp!! Not surprisingly, the high-carb addicts were angry .. Waaahhh, I don't like protein. Bring back my potatoes and fat-free cookies!

I also noticed there was a lot of emphasis on non-weight lifestyle changes .. exercise, stress reduction, meditation and improved sleep. Don't know if they still offer those other things or not, as it seems the focus now is strictly weight loss.

Sima Sistani's background is in online gaming development. Can't help but wonder if she sees weight loss as just another game. Sigh.