View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Oct-09-17, 12:35

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I found much great information in Death by Food Pyramid. This has some good outlines of how our genetic profile has a much greater impact on how food affects us than was ever glimpsed prior to recent research.

I have found that high fat pastured dairy (a no-no for many people) works great for me, likewise goat cheese, and lots of seafood. My best vegetables are leafy greens and raw cabbage, with berries and cherries beneficial fruits when eaten with a meal (many find fruit spikes their blood sugar.)

Only then did I discover that my aunt had done some family geneology; I come from a long line of herders and fisherpeople in Northern climates with a short growing season.

Not that this is all I eat, just that such family insight can help us get started on figuring out what foods actually get along with us, and what foods do not.

Also, are you on any medications, even OTC? Getting enough salt, magnesium, and potassium? (Avocados are great for that, as is fresh meat.) How’s your sleep?

All of these can have a big impact on your weight loss, because they shape your health.