#22   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 14:11

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoni
Your cheese steak concoction sounds great! I swear by the Joseph's sheet and pita breads. I like to sear leftover grilled steak with onions and just roll it into one of those.

Those pitas open up in to a pocket it seems even easier than many other regular pitas. Its a great way to stretch them by making two halves in to pita-pockets!

I was just commenting on Mr SkinnyPants blog about how I am really surprised restaurants haven't started offering low carb bread products...boy they will cater to gluten free all over the place though (suddenly half the nation is gluten intolerant...right?), but not as much low carb. The burrito fast casual places could easily substitute low carb flour tortillas, a lot of restaurants offer wraps...no reason they couldn't keep a $4 pack of Flat-out lights on hand for the low carb diner and same with the pitas...say at greek restaurants.

And thats when the eureka moment hit me, I can go to a greek place or even Arbys (whose gyros are remarkably delicious) and bring my own pita! You can usually order like a gyro or souvlaki platter at Greek places, its more like a salad and they serve the pita on the side...now I can have a pita with it again! I'm going to really push it when I do and ask if they will griddle my pita for me!

I wonder if a place that makes wraps will make me one with my own wrap?! A Mexican place use my own tortilla?...dont know till you ask, but I'll get their attention and maybe places will get the hint. I can order fajitas now and actually have the tortillas! But they wont be hot if they wont warm them for me of course.

Gotta plan ahead and have it with you though, but think about it when traveling by car on a road trip. Toss a package in the cooler (if already been opened) and you have something you can eat with any bread-less order! I could easily eat an Arby's roast beef on a pita or as a wrap. Danged shame the horsey and Arby's sauce adds 6 grams of carbs (somehow they snuck 2 grams in the beef!) but still, a half pound roast beef with a packet each of the sauces on a LC wrap or pita is 14net grams carbs...thats an easy special treat to have once in a while if well in to the stages of Atkins...having that sandwich with the bun is 42 net grams!