View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-19-10, 09:43

Plan: Kwasniewski
Stats: 125/118/120 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default Advice for my teen daughter?

Hi, I've been lurking here and finally want to ask for some advice for my daughter:

When my daughter was about 12 we started eating very-low-fat nearly vegetarian (previously SAD). After several years we were all doing poorly and she had poor growth (narrow body & face, no menses). This was a high-carb diet.

One year ago (age 15) we added animal fats to the high-carb diet (now a high quality "balanced" diet) and my daughter's growth exploded. She began to develop a strong skeleton, her figure filled out, she began menstruating... But she also started gaining quite a bit of weight, especially on her hips and thighs. She started getting stretch marks and jumped 4 pants sizes in a year.

January this year (3.5 months ago) due to my continued poor health and her weight gain we went low-carb with the Kwasniewski ratio. The first 6 weeks was tough adapting and getting comfortable with the ratio.

I'm having fabulous results. I had a metabolic problem and an intestinal problem, both of which are improving markedly. I shed about 5 pounds (revealing my sadly underdeveloped physique).

My daughter, however, has not lost any weight and is not feeling very well on the diet. At first she was eating 1800 c/day with about 60g protein and was still gaining weight - she has since cut back to 1600 c/day with about 45g protein.

She is still constipated frequently and feels out of sorts with a grumbling, queasy stomach much of the time.

There is a lot of stress in her life (16 y.o.) and in our lives at the moment that should ease in the coming months. She feels very unsettled and "disordered" about food, thanks to my tinkering over the years

Her age is 16, she's 6'6" tall, she weighs about 140, heavy on the hips and thighs but otherwise evenly distributed. She lifts weights and walks about 1 mile a day. The ratio she's following is 45g protein (1 : 3 : .8). Food staples are raw egg yolk, olive oil, cod liver oil, ghee, sardines, liverwurst, smoked salmon, goat cheese.

Does anyone have any insight or suggestions?!
Sponsored Links