View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-25-12, 23:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi Ladies! Two days ago I had a little blow-up when DH wanted to fool around and I just wasn't into it.....and started to explain to him that my being this giant has major negative effects on every part of my life, not just my pant size. I used to love being intimate with DH - it was one of my favorite pass times. I was confident, felt attractive, liked how I looked. But I'm not comfortable with myself now. Regardless of how much he says that my weight doesn't bother him, that I'm his everything and he doesn't care how I look....but I CARE! I don't feel like enjoying social outings, I won't enroll my kid in a parented swimming class because of the fear of getting into a swimsuit, I avoid situations where I have to eat in front of other people. Blah, blah, blah.....when he didn't really respond I just assumed he hadn't really heard me.

But, tonight after we got the kids to bed DH sat me down and apologized, saying he didn't realize I was so upset with myself, and that it was very hard for him to relate to my feelings, but that he is going to back me up all the way, since he didn't want me to have to live life feeling the way I do. He said "we'll all eat with you, however you need to do this". I don't know what made him change his mind, but it makes me remember why I love him so!!!

I do think I'll still try to transition them into LC/no sugar more slowly than I'm planning to do for myself, but I'm feeling so happy that we're all on the road to better health - TOGETHER!

Day 1 is Feb. 2nd. Can't wait to get started!!!!!