Old Tue, Jan-24-12, 16:01
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwtwindo
If they are not overweight it is not critical to take them off starchy and/or sweet carbs as well.

I disagree with that. I think Dr. Davis said it well recently, I'd quote him but I know I don't exactly remember, but he was taking issue with this sort of statement. The metabolic issues we're all dealing with now start in childhood and even during gestation. Someone's current state of thinness doesn't reflect what is going on or the path they're headed down.

I'd urge anyone to start by getting rid of all sweets and starches, and if you do have them, they're very, very infrequent.

At the ages of the original poster's children it is extremely unlikely that they'll show any effects of their diet for a decade or more. That doesn't mean their current diet is all right.

How to deal with the husband... I don't have any great suggestions. If he just won't hear it, he won't hear it regardless of what you say. How about getting a couple of DVD's like "My Big Fat Diet" and "Fat Head" and watching them when he can't help but hear them?

BTW: This was in my RSS today:
Fructose consumed as teenager affects heart disease risk