View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-23-12, 01:04

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

I LC'd with kids and husband...none of whom followed LC. I made a menu plan consisting of protein (meat, chicken, fish, eggs) plus vegetables (salad, zucchini, asparagus, peppers, etc.) and added potatoes, rice, pasta, bread etc. only for them. Everyone was happy.

If they are not overweight it is not critical to take them off starchy and/or sweet carbs as well. I know my oldest son in particular would be starving soon...his metabolism is such that he can eat 2 plates of dinner and not gain weight. He does occasionally have the strictly low carb dinner with me but within an hour is hunting around in the kitchen for a snack. He loses weight easily. I'm getting off on a tangent here; what I am trying to say is, if they don't have weight problems, don't change them, at least not now. Work on yourself. Slowly switch out the snacks you normally buy and only buy those you can say NO to. Plan, Plan, Plan your meals.

Most dinners are adaptable to low carb. If you want...list things you usually have for dinner or lunch and one by one I will tell you how to make adjustments so you can feed both yourself and them.