View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-11, 10:24

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 260/218/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default The set up...the knock down...and the get back up again

I posted a thread 2 weeks ago about being in a stall that had lasted 4.5 weeks. Between then and the 20th, I managed to lose 1 additional pound and was feeling really good about the odds that the stall had broken.

Unfortunately, TOM arrived on Wednesday the 22nd, and with it arrived 3 additional pounds (not so unusual, but totally disheartening).

We made a very LC Thanksgiving (deep fried turkey, creamed spinach, fauxtatoes with bacon and onion mixed in, and an LC pumkin pie with pecan crust). While I ate more carbs than usual (I am usually around 25-30 and probably ate 35-40 that day), I was very pleased with how the day went.

Got on the scale Friday morning--and I was up an *additional* 3 pounds (for those of you counting, like I was, that's up six pounds at that point). I know it was probably a combination of increased sodium intake and more TOM nonsense...but I was just feeling devastated.

I had some dental work done on Friday morning...and after I came home, the cravings started. I don't know whether to blame the AS in the LC pie (the sweetest thing I had eaten in 11 months!), TOM, or my general bad attitude from the dentist and my disheartening weigh in...but I made a decision to eat off plan. At least it *was* a decision, and not a total impulse..but still.

So I ate LC all day Friday until dinnertime, and then went out for Thai. I ate a carby appetizer, soup, and pad thai. Felt like poo Saturday morning, but did not gain. Saturday, I was back on the wagon....again until dinner...at which time I decided I wanted to try the new Greek place near our house (hello, pastichio!)...and subsequently decided to carb-out on Saturday night, too. Luckily, again no gain on Sunday morning.

I was back on the wagon all day yesterday and anticipate the same going forward. I am up a total of 4 pounds now over my lowest weight (miraculously, 2 pounds were gone this morning). I am feeling a little bit of the induction flu again (headache, nausea, tired) but otherwise OK.

What a bad confluence of events...but I am back on the horse, and honestly glad it was only 2 meals that got away from me.

Thanks for reading this far--I really needed to vent/share!
Sponsored Links