#11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-19, 09:22

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
What will happen to my right to choose my own health care? I'm about to turn the corner to 74. Will I be forced to use statins against my will or be denied my Medicare benefits? What's next? Forced chemo if I'm diagnosed with cancer? The food police forcing us to eat SAD?

It's all pretty scary for me as an average (read "not rich") person.

I have the same concerns being on Medicare. Those looking to enforce Standards of Care (SoC) on patients, and they're out there, pose a real threat that is all based on questionable research and information supporting the interests of those selling prescription drugs. The pretzel logic is that if I refuse to take something that should keep me healthy, thus, in the minds of those defining the SoC, potentially incur the costs of further healthcare due to noncompliance, I may lose my insurance. I'm resigned to the fact that those of us who have paid our whole working lives into Medicare may be threatened with use it and receive prescribed drugs per the SoC or lose it and not receive the insurance we've been guaranteed. My decision, should it come to this, is to accept the prescription, fill the prescription, and never consume the prescription. Sad that it might be this way.