Thread: Zero Carb, wow!
View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-16, 22:11

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I see a lot of parallels with the zero-carb diet my dog is on, usually referred to as raw feeding.

It's very important with his diet that the meat is raw, because many nutrients are destroyed by cooking (also dogs do not have appear to have evolved to accept the advanced glycation end products from cooking, that humans have, and can have a lot of allergies to cooked proteins). Healthy dogs can deal with any bacteria etc... found in properly raised or wild meat, I'd think that could very well be the case with humans also. CAFO raised meat is more likely to cause problems with humans (raw).

It's also very important that his diet includes a lot of organs, connective tissues, and also bone, because these supply nutrients that you can't get through muscle meat alone. I would think that would also hold true for humans. I throw in eggs, tripe, seafood, etc...the more variety, the better.

My dog does fantastic on this diet, I don't think it's a stretch to think that humans could, we are basically carnivores....Possible some humans (more northern ancestry) would do much better than others due to genetic adaptions.

I'm very intrigued by the idea, but I wouldn't have the stomach to eat all the organs etc...that I think would be critical, heck I can't even eat them cooked and doused with seasonings.