View Single Post
  #132   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 07:42

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Dr. Champ's Ketogenic Diet & Cancer Myths Summary is thorough and valuable to anyone considering or practicing a ketogenic approach, whether to use it for weight control, general health and well being, and/or as a preventative approach for cancer.

There is much we don't know until we can have RCTs with humans, and this has been an issue to quite some time. Seyfried, Scheck, D'Agostino, and others have made strides and are the researchers leading the way here, but we still lack a solid understanding of the metabolic mechanisms that could be the reasons why following a keto approach is beneficial. Many of us following a keto WOE have N=1 experience indicating that it is beneficial. I'll continue to follow a keto WOL, and having people like Dr. Champ communicate what is presently known is important to keep things in perspective. I've always been suspicious of exogenous ketone products, as I am open to the fact that the specific process of human endogenous ketone production through diet may in and of itself be the health benefit rather than simply the presence of blood ketones as a byproduct.