View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 18:27

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

That's a beautiful quote, Janet. It's exactly how we do it on this forum. What works, duh, works. I mean, some of us (like myself) are interested in the whys and the hows and we debate that stuff endlessly, but when it works, that's all anybody really needs to know. And pretty much all of that knowledge comes from regular folks, or at least from empirical evidence derived from experience like from all the low-carb docs we're aware of, i.e. Atkins et al.

As I was arguing with myself thinking about this, I figured that an explicit set of instructions, like a diet book for example, is not required. We naturally derive the appropriate instructions for ourselves just from reading about such and such experience with something. Since we're mostly dealing with food here, every one of us had to figure out some new recipes, and some of us have become really really good and prolific at that, without anything approaching expertise or a PhD to begin with. We've even developed a few genuinely scientificy stuff like the elimination diet which is actually the scientific principle of eliminating, or controlling for, confounding variables.

See what I mean by "interested in the whys and the hows"? Hehe.