View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-18, 05:33

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Tom has been exploring his further thoughts and comments about this talk, with more quotes from libertarian economic and thought leaders. The series The Anointed, The Experts, And Knowledge … is now up to Four parts, on his blog since posting this updated talk. Yesterday was part four. http://www.fathead-movie.com if you want to dig further into Black Swans and Anti-Fragility, continue reading after watching this video.

First Quote in part 4:
Quote:
For real people, if something works in theory, but not in practice, it doesn’t work. For academics, if something works in practice, but not in theory, it doesn’t exist. – Nassim Nicholas Taleb

Quote from part 3:
Quote:
That’s why I’m more likely to listen to doctors like Mike and Mary Dan Eades than to an academic researcher at Harvard. Sure, Drs. Eades and Eades read a lot of studies. They’re fluent in the science. But more importantly, they’ve treated thousands of patients and seen the results. If they tell me their patients lost weight more easily on a low-carb diet, that’s experience talking. I don’t particularly care if they can explain exactly why it happens.

Why I listen to Dr. Westman, he has done both the clinical research and worked with thousands of patients in a free-living clinic setting, his FB support group daily has success stories of following the "uncomplicated keto" of "page 4".