#50   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 14:44
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Quote:
PF, I am not trying to second guess your situation or decision. At least you are sufficiently informed to know the low-carb diet is possible option in the future.

Maybe it is, maybe not. My point isn't to try and justify my decision so much as to point out that parents have different ideas of what is acceptable and in the best interest of their own children. There's a BIG difference between my choice and the wanton disregard for the well-being of a child being diplayed by the parents in the original case.

No matter how little some of you think of doctors as a whole, they need to be judged on an individual basis as well. I consider my doctors PARTNERS in my child's treatment, not authorities to be blindly followed nor imbeciles who follow what they're told without question. Had the parents in question even bothered to bring their child/ren in for medical attention in the first place, and even followed the "wrong" standard diet, we wouldn't be having this discussion. At least that baby would be ALIVE.