Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%
Exclamation Don't waste time on useless tests; get the tests you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by melibsmile
I am going to do this round of testing with the doctor. He is ordering a VAP.... I am hoping that this will show that I am not in danger of a heart attack at 30 years old after having lost 80 pounds and feeling healthier than I have in years. Then maybe my doctor will stop worrying about it and we can attack the thyroid testing itself
Melissa,

This is sort of missing the point. You don't need to placate your doctor. Your doctor works for you, not the other way around. The point is not to waste time on useless tests (you already know what the VAP will show: your risk for heart disease is exceedingly low) -- but to insist on getting the tests you need NOW.

You may feel healthy, but your high TC shows that your metabolism, which controls almost every process in your body, is ill. It needs to be diagnosed and fixed. Every day you wait your metabolism is getting worse. And there's no guarantee that your doctor will ever see the connection between the high TC and thyroid no matter what the VAP results are. Then you'll be right back where you are today, having to find another doctor, and having wasted a lot of time in the process.

Do some research on high TC and thyroid hormone problems. There's a slew out there. Print the pages out, hand them to your doctor, and INSIST on his ordering the tests you need to be done. Those tests -- not the VAP -- will PROVE what is causing the high TC, and you can then get a prescription for the drug that will FIX the problem!

Quote:
I live in a major metro area--there must be a good thyroid doctor around here somewhere.

Either Google for that -- it's how I found my Endo, or go to http://wilsonssyndrome.com and go to the doctor's list page to see if there's someone especially trained in handling these issues.

Lisa