View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 15:28
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Welcome SpiderLily! I wish you the best as you get started. Support does help. Keep up your journal and visit here often. Soon you will have plenty of low carb friends to help you along.

FYI: I knocked out my type 2 diabetes long before I lost the weight. In January 2014 I felt just as you described. Although I had not yet been diagnosed as diabetic, I had all the typical symptoms of diabetes and I felt like death warmed over. Life was not good. I started eating low carb in February 2014 and the following month I had my first A1C. I was a type 2 diabetic. I was already eating low carb and my doctor told me to "just keep doing what you are doing" vs. prescribing me meds for the symptoms. I've been doing it ever since. Within a few weeks I felt better. Eating low carb everyday got my A1C down to 6.0 (pre-diabetic) by June of 2014. I still weighed 375 pounds. By the following March - 1 year into my LC lifestyle change, my A1C was 5.1 and my insulin resistance was resolved. I was still morbidly obese at 293 pounds. At that checkup my doctor took me off of high blood pressure meds and I became prescription free. The doctor's put a lot of stock in obesity as the cause and "weight loss" as the solution. I see obesity as a symptom. The same thing that made me fat also made me diabetic. It was my high carb diet loaded with process food and sweets that did it. When I changed how I eat to a low carb "real food" diet, the diabetes resolved quickly and I lost weight. It took me 30 months to lose all the weight, but only a few months eating low carb to see real progress in my health.

This way of eating works! Stick with it and you will see.