#22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 16:59

Plan: M&E no cheese no cream
Stats: 286/277.8/175 Female 170 cms
BF:130/126.1/80 KILO
Progress: 7%
Default Can I join you?

Hallo all,
I saw that this thread was last active early December, but I'd like to join me and get some help for losing weight. I know it's important for everybody, but my husband is so anti Atkins that it is very hard to keep doing it when I don;t lsoe anything <g>!
I'll answer the questions from the first message of this thread first, and hope for some more golden tips!

1. Have you read the book for, and followed your chosen plan to the letter for at least a month? No digression in the food front at all? No skipping meals?
Yes I have read the book, this is the 3rd time I do Atkins and I started on 6 November, and have only taken some extra nuts when we were on holiday in the Netherlands and some extra sweetener and cream stuff at Christmas.

2. Do you figure out your carbs/calories each day? Do you use a carb counter or a program like fitday.com?
I use so few carbs, ever since 1 jan only some lettuce and a little bit of cream every day. I haven't calculated my calories, but I make sure I have enough - I love meat and add olive oil when I think it's not been enough calories.

3. Do you regularly drink alcohol? Your body will burn alcohol before it burns fat.
I never drink alcohol, never done.

4. Are you scale or Ketostix obsessed? Compulsively weighing or using Ketostix will make the process seem slower and more erratic than it actually is. If you must weight yourself everyday, chart your daily weight and figure out a weekly average.
I check with Keotstic two or three times a week and just hop on the scale every morning before my bath. I am not obsessed with the scales, just like the habit to see every morning if anything is happening.

5. Are you trying to do a low fat version of your chosen plan?
No.

6. Have you been a yo-yo dieter?
Yes, absolutely, abd I read about the fat, so I've been doing that - upping th fat I mean

7. Are you consuming any or all of these items on a regular basis? If you are, stop consuming them one at a time, for at least a week to see if it initiates weight loss.

Processed meats, including bacon- only bacon without any dextrose
Caffeine - no, I quit coffee a bit more than a year ago, only have decaf; don't drinbk normal tea either, only herb tea now and then

Cheese and dairy products - no cheese, only eggs and a little bit of cream in my decaf

Alcohol - alcohol will be burned for fuel before fat - no alcohol
Nuts & Nut Butters - no nuts after my holidays
Artificial Sweeteners - one saccharine sweetener in my decaf 2 or 3 times a day, and one teaspoon of liquid sacch sweetener in my protein drink

Diet Drinks - none, I always drink plain water when I'm out and about

Protein Bars - no
Low carb food products that imitate high carb food - no

Eating a wide combination of food in one day - I don;t know what this means, I eat simple meals

Overly salty foods? For example pork rinds? - no, I use herbal salt (approx 33% of normal salt) in my cooking, that's all. Bacon is not very salty here

8. Are your calories at least 10 – 12 times your current weight?
- Yes they are

9. Are you drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day, plus 8 more ounces for every 25 pounds you want to lose?
- I try for 96 oz every day and most days I manage that

10. Have you eaten any high-carb foods? - none

I hope this gives somebody an idea of what I can still change to finally start losing weight again!

thanks in advance
Vilica