View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-20, 04:26

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Thank you BlueVelvet for explaining to an 86-year-old about aging and food.

It might surprise you to know, I am familiar with your information on many levels - including personal experience.

When I was much younger, I couldn't see the attraction to studying Gerontology. Now that I am an old woman, I am grateful to those same people for providing answers to my questions. I am pleased BlueVelvet that you are interested in my age group. It's people like you who help to keep us on track. Welcome to this forum.

We are all so different in our relationships with food both emotionally and physically. (I would hate to develop a physical reaction to cheddar cheese! But I am quite happy with my aversion to chicken. And I resent my change in taste for beef and pork.)

I wonder about our genetic makeup sometimes. We come from all over the world, we are of all races, and our bodies reflect our physical development in adapting to our environment. Then we mix it all up and get quite a variety of responses to foods. I am surprised sometimes that we can make any generalizations at all.