View Single Post
  #16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-08-04, 02:04

Plan: ex-atkins
Stats: 175/105/115 Female 5 ft 0
BF:
Progress: 117%

I have had a very similar experience to Atlee - low carb has made me a foodie. In fact, it has made me think a lot about food and cooking, but in a positive light of nutrition and good health.

Before low-carbing I didn't have cooking 'confidence' and had few cookbooks. I then went through a bit of a hard core stage, buying lots of cooking magazines and cookbooks.

One very worthwhile achievment, I have learnt to cook Thai. I love making coconut milk curries, fish patties, stuffed zuccinies, shrimp pastes, etc.

I've also learnt how to just 'throw something together' - basically reading a lot of cookbooks helps you understand what tastes go together etc. I think those that complain that low-carb is hard becuase it is repetitive and time-consuming are like I used to be: they see the limitations and think steak (plain) with 2 vegies (steamed)!!

For me, thinking in the morning what I am going to have for dinner helps me incorporate healthy eating into my day. It isn't obsessive, well, it isn't any more obsessive then the way I also think in the morning 'what is my study plan for the day'!! I think being aware of cooking and food, makes it seem as a legitmate thing to think about and be concerned about as writing my thesis. LOL!
Sponsored Links