View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-12-09, 04:35
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

The only issue I have heard of with chocolate and why to avoid it on a candida diet is that it is actually a fermented food, like coffee, black tea, pickles, and most cheeses. Because candida sufferers tend to be sensitive to fermented foods in particular, the advice is often to avoid chocolate.

In my own case, I tested positive on a food intolerance test on chocolate and so of course have to avoid it until I'm better, at which point I will be able to reintroduce it in moderate amounts, at least according to my doctor. The book I'm reading also says to eliminate it on a candida diet, so I would be especially careful with the Lindt chocolates since the issue isn't only sugar but also chocolate itself. The Lindt bars have very high pure cocoa content (up to 85% in some of them) and so might not be ideal as a snack on a candida diet.

On an ordinary low carb diet, however, low sugar chocolate may be less of a problem since the dieter may not have the candida issues that go with fermented food sensitivities.

Again, though, this is just what I've been told by my doctor, and have heard/read, so every individual case may be different.