#58   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-06, 07:12
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 198/183.5/165 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 44%

Elizea-
I could be wrong, but the Core allows very high carbs as long as there is no fat. For example, you can have as much brown rice as you want with your meal (same with whole grain bread etc..) To me, it is just like South Beach. You may be allowed to eat any of the core foods (and as much as you want), but it is very low-fat and high carbs (complex...but as we know, that doesn't always matter if you are wheat sensative).
Obviously you can try it and see, but just remember that for every diet we go on, you will gain 2-3 lbs after and I just read last night in the awesome book "7 Secrets of Slim People" that it can take up to a year for your body to recover from each diet you go on. That is why it can take that long for Schwarzbein to "kick in". Your body needs to know that it is not going to be starved.

I totally understand the feeling of wanting to lose weight...I've been trying for 4 months now, but let's not lose sight of why we all started Schwarzbein to begin with!! We did it to get off of the crazy diet cycle and just focus on eating healthy. I will say that I have been playing with the carbs (lowering them to 15-20 per meal and I even might try to not have any after 3pm--I find I really don't want them with dinner anyway). So we'll see what happens. I also highly suggest going to see a naturopath or nutrionalist! I did and he did a physical exam and said that my adrenals were in trouble and he is going to put me on a program as soon as I get my thyroid tested and see what that says. He said that the physical exam NEVER lies and that it is more accurate than saliva testing. Just a thought...

Have you read Muriel Hemmingways autobiography yet? She devotes a whole chapter to Schwarzbein and talks about how she gained 10 lbs when she started and it stayed on for 1 year! Now she is this lean, mean yoga machine who has (in my opinion) the most beautiful body! She did say that she stopped using cream and cheese but still eats a lot of fats every day. She was basically anorexic when she started so she said that even just gaining 10 lbs was HUGE for her (probably felt the way 20 lbs feels to us!). Her husband also got stage 4 cancer and she put him on TSP right away (he was a typical American eater--lots of junk and sugar) and he went on to fully recover and the Drs credited TSP way of eating with "starving" the cancer cells from having sugar (I guess that can stimulate them??) Anyway, my point is to remember that we are doing this for life-long health too