#18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-06, 21:07

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamoon
Yeah, I think it all depends on the individuals. My husband is quitting too and agrees about the NRT but I am a teacher and I can't really handle the ups and downs of cold turkey in my opinion in this kind of job. The patch seems to be helping me to gradually get rid of the whole habit and not go from 20 cigs of nicotine to 0 nicotine plus all the physical habit,mental habit, psychological habit breaking etc. in one day. For individuals who kind of need moderation it helps. It's working for me, so far so good. :-) I do hate the sticky, itchy arm though. :-(

Donna

I can't remember how long the patch thing is supposed to go, and how it incrementally goes down. But, yeah, I can see how you'd be eager to want to keep your cool when slowing down to ceasing. How long have you been on them? (Not in minutes, just days please ) I was working when I used the patch and I don't know what I would've been like without them. But my skin just couldn't hang with the program.

BTW, I do recommend Carr's book if you can track it. I found it at Barnes&Noble for ~ $15.

I'm excited that you are quitting too. We're both doing OK. I think we'll make it. So far, I've had urges, but nothing mind scrambling. I really REALLY want this, for ME. The thought of stinking of an ashtray and my workouts being affected are real motivators. I'm pretty confidence, if not joyful, at this point.