#22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-08-06, 11:08
Registered Member

Plan: macrobiotic
Stats: 135/130/120 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Liquid Stevia

I love Stevia, after I cut sugar out of my diet I lost 1o lbs. I use Stevia in all my cooking, baking, smoothies, tea, I even put drops of stevia in my ice-cube trays and make lil popcicles out of it. My favorite is the new liquid stevia flavors from SweetLeaf, the English Toffee flavor is heavenly. I cut up an apple, sprinkle a little cinnamon, add the English Tofee and sautee everything in a pan, it tastes like hot apple pie with out the fatty crust!

Here are two of my favorite recipes is:

#1 BerryBerry Couscous Cake
This cake is so easy to make and can be adapted to any fruit of the season.

Couscous Cake
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup couscous
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 to 6 drops Liquid Stevia (any flavor)or a dusting of Stevia Extract
pinch of sea salt

Berry Topping
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup water
4 to 5 tsp. agar agar flakes (kanten) used to thicken the berries
12-13 drops Liquid Stevia (any flavor, or mix flavors...I like Vanilla creme & Lemon drop) or dusting of Stevia Extract
pinch of sea salt

Cake
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in couscous, lemon, and stevia. Turn heat to low and simmer for about 5 minutes. Rinse a 9" springform pan or shallow non-aluminum baking dish and spread the couscous firmly into it. Allow to set about 1 hour.

Berry Kanten Topping
Bring all ingredients to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Set aside at room temperature until the kanten sauce begins to set, about 20 minutes. Then spread it over the cake. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
Serves 6 to 8

Cooking Tips Instead of water, you can cook the couscous with coconut milk, or vanilla soy or rice milk.

#2 Mango Creamsickle

This recipe reminds me of the creamsickles we used to eat when I was a child, no real ice-cream in this recipe....enjoy!

This is a two step process....you must first freeze the puree then continue.
Recipe:
2 cups fresh mango pulp
2 TB or more coconut milk
2-3 drops Liquid SweetLeaf Stevia: Valencia Orange

First: Puree mango pulp and coconut milk in a blender or food processor

Second: Place mixture in ice cube trays and freeze

Third: Remove frozen mango cubes and place in a blender or food processor. Add enough coconut milk to blend the mixture and pulse until creamy. If you like very sweet add more Liquid SweetLeaf Stevia to taste.

Cooking tips: If mangoes aren't available use packaged frozen mango slices. Defrost before using.