Old Wed, Jul-11-18, 12:48
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Ken, 2014 is when you made the 100% commitment to LC. 100% all the time no cheating program, right?

How long into this commitment did you start to notice a change??

And for those that dont know, how many carbs a day do you eat and which items, If you dont mind sharing.

Yes - I've been consistently LCHF since February 2014. My carb count has varied between 20 net and 45 net carbs over that time. I stuck to OP foods throughout that first year and beyond (No Cheats). Since then I've "experimented" a few times and had once sugary soda accident. Still, you can count on one hand the times that I've had sugary, junky food in the past 4 years. The sugar that I do get comes mostly from nuts, nut butters, dairy, and lower carb veggies. I occasionally eat fruit (berries, cantaloupe, and small servings of apple or banana) - once or twice a month I'd say. If I have banana it is an ounce or two mash up in a flax mug muffin (lots of fiber to minimize the sugar spike). I probably eat more carbs that most people here, but I stick to the program. I don't eat or drink sugar. I brush twice a day and occasionally floss.

The rate of tarter buildup seemed to improve right away, but it took a couple if 6 month cleanings before my hygienist remarked about the improvement. The sensitive teeth and gums improve over time - say 2 years. Since my plaque & tarter buildup was minimal, I think my hygienist had time to do a more thorough job cleaning under the gums. I just don't have any significant gum issues or bleeding anymore.

The only issues that I ever have with my gums is when some food gets stuck between two problem molars that I have. The gap is just the right size for some foods (meat, hard nuts, and fiber) to get stuck. If I don't notice it and skip flossing for too long my gum will get a little inflamed in that area. That area used to be puffy and inflamed all the time. Now it only happens once or twice a year.