#15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-12-07, 16:36

Plan: Self-Made LC
Stats: 255/129/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by holistiche
I am not only a low carb dieter, but I watch additives they sneak into food. One of the additives I am completely against is the use of Sucralose (splenda) in foods. I was excited when I found Joseph’s Pita Bread, but I didn't read the label close enough before I bought it. The second to last ingredient is sucralose. I wish they were required to label the front of the packages if they are using an artificial sweetener. So I tossed the rest of the pitas in the trash..too bad..because it tasted pretty good.

Perhaps the other type of Joseph's Pita 's do contain suralose but the Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat pitas do NOT.

Actually, I haven't been able to find them in my local store since I last wrote this post. Maybe they re-invented this product and added it recently but the package I bought last did not contain it. I would have noticed if I missed it on the 'tiny' print labeling as I am deathly allergic to artificial sweeteners INCLUDING Splenda.

*holistiche*, I want to applaud you in your personal crusade against using additives. I also am against it not only in the foods we eat but the crap that is found in supplements and over the counter remedies. Some people are unfamiliar with the word sucralose or the many 'other' names associated with this one 'chemical'. People aren't even aware it's a chemical nor the common names for harmful additives - it's all so well hidden from the everyday consumer.